No releases from Atmosphere Recordings:UK label identifiable in Roon

Content you’re reporting an issue with

I have a dozen or so releases from Atmosphere Recordings:UK, all purchased through Beatport. None of them are identifiable in Roon.

Example:

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No. Have attempted to manually identify them, but none of the releases are found.

Is the album identified in Roon?

None of this label’s releases are identifiable.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local files, purchased from Beatport.

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

No release from Atmosphere Recordings:UK is identifiable in Roon, either automatically or using the manual identify option. These releases are available through some online streaming services, such as Spotify and Apple Music, so it stands to reason that this label must be publishing metadata somewhere. It just isn’t making it to Roon.

These are the tags embedded in the AIFF file:

As can be seen, the tags even include an ISRC key, which should uniquely identify the track.

It’s interesting in that case as Roon gets it’s Metadata from one of the main provider’s. I can’t remember who, but it is mentioned a number of times in different threads. Sometimes things go missing from the provider with a borked upload it update.

Does the embedded metadata and cover art come through and work as expected?

Yes, the embedded tags and artwork come through, as can be seen from the screenshot in my original post.

But Roon has no concept of who any of the artists are, so things like radio play from them basically fall flat.

Thanks I was trying to ascertain if that part was working as expected.

I have a few hundred albums that have never been identified from my 5k albums, but I don’t listen to Roon radio or mixes, so it has no impact. Every now and then I try to identify them and they never work. Guessing that in my case they are obscure variants with different track listings.

Let’s see if someone from Roon can pick this up on Tuesday when they are back from the holiday weekend.

There are no releases listed in MusicBrainz.

https://musicbrainz.org/label/821cca34-5fdd-402a-b59d-5ec224bfa811

Add them here, and they will, in-time, appear in Roon.

Hi @cwichura,

As @Martin_Webster mentioned, only one title from Atmosphere Records UK - MusicBrainz is present in the databases of our metadata partners. That’s why they’re not able to be identified.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.