No ROON Bridge in RoPieeeXL

Running RoPieeeXL on Allo Signature…
Can’t see the Bridge in settings in ROON…
Allo say it can do both Bridge and HQ Player NAA…NAA is working though…any thoughts?

Moved to this to the ropieee area for you and we can tag @spockfish Harry here too

AHH…Ok…thnks

Can you send feedback? You can find this on the ‘advanced’ tab.

Yep…1 sec

Log sendt with this data: 3ab534e2f672da49

You can’t have both of them active at the same time.
The service(s) lock the audio device.

spookfish…Yep, I now that…Of course turned the HQ Player off, Restartet ROON ROCK, and Allo Sig…can’t see the bridge after that…I’ve also enable the HAT first, and thereafter off…nothing…very strange I think…but…what should it be set at?

But what are you trying to do? The logs shows clearly that HQ player is running, so it is enabled.

There is no need to restart ROCK. Just make sure stuff is configured correctly: if you use a USB DAC then you don’t need to do anything, if you use a HAT then you need to configure the HAT in RoPieee.

Yep…Primary source is HQ Player…sometimes I want to playback the music via HDMI to AVR in 7.1 setup via Bridge…Just can’t get why I can’t see the Bridge when HQ Player is turned off…And I now the log shows HQ Player is running, that’s true…I could send another log when HQ Player is off?

Please do.

1. log sendt: 43c75783be3e61e6

Sorry, do you mean using the HDMI connector of the RPi? Because if you do, you can’t do this. Ropieee disables the HDMI connection in the RPi. And as far as I know, multichannel via an RPi’s HDMI connector is still not possible under any Linux distribution.

Thing is…Standard RoPieee settings…HDMI connection is working just fine…checked before I did upgrade the RoPieee. To XL when the upgrade is done…it doesn’t work anymore. It has bin my workaround until I have the cash to do multichannel DAC…I’m not sure but…HDMI socket…isn’t that on the ALLO board?

HDMI audio out is not supported by RoPieee. This has nothing to do with XL or not.

Ok…That’s allright…but still wondering…
Why I can use it as a Bridge in RoPieee…and it’s gone in RoPieeeXL…that’s was my only question…
On You’r web page for RoPieee…it’s very clear that…If…I have a situation where someone’s needs to use HQ Player and ROON BRIDGE…That’s possible with RoPieeeXL…It’s just that
And thnks for time and service to answering my questions… Nearly

Well, quite simple; RoPieee does not support HDMI.

1 Like

Close the thread… thnks