Noise with Tidal/ Masters section

Hi,
I have just started my trial period. Every thing looks perfect. Except that there is a strange noise when I play Tidal new Master quality recordings. I use MacMini connected to Marantz KI Pearl Lite SACD player through optical cable.
Thank you for your help.

A noise from where? The Audio, The computer?

Actually, noise comes from the speakers.

Noise coming from the speakers is usually music :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m not sure using SPDIF connections (coaxial or optical) will enable MQA decoding inside the Tidal app, as such, it need to know the type of DAC that you are using and the only way to do this is through USB. The only way to verify this is to see your Marantz display, it should show the sampling frequencies; if you are certain that you are playing a MQA track/album from Tidal and if there’s a software decoding activated in the tidal app, it should shows either 88.2k or 96k.

Is it only noise, or slightly more noise than standard CD quality?

I highly doubt the Marantz supports MQA, so if it’s slightly more noise, that is expected there is extra musical info encoded in the signal that you can’t decode. Have you tried the normal Cd quality stream of the same album?

Hi,
Thanks to you all, for your comments. The problem only occured with master albums of Tidal on Roon, not on Tidal application, and not for Hi_Fi albums, when using optical cable. Changing cable from optical to USB solved the problem of disturbing noise. A strange point is that, changing cable from optical to usb dac cable increased 44.1 Khz to only 48.1 Khz, not to 88.2 or higher. But USB cable that I use is a cheap printer cable. So I don’t know if it will do any good to remplace it with a good one.

Currently you will only get Tidal albums at 48/24 from Roon as it is not unfolding the MQA. Just delivering at the native resolution.
The Tidal desktop app will upsample if you set it to do so.
Chris