Roon Core Machine

Innuos Zen Mini

Networking Gear & Setup Details

BT Hub 6

Connected Audio Devices

Toslink to Cyrus DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I get the 504 message when testing the ARC connectivity.
I think the UnPnP is on (it says it is).
I think I neet to configure port forwarding, but the community results don’t show a screenshot showing the full config (some of the boxes are completed but not all).
I inderstand I can call the ‘rule’ whatever I like, I pick my Zenmini from a dropdown, then repeat the port in the following 4 boxes.
My port is 45175 (not 5500) but I don’t know why it is different.
Just not confident enough to try and see. I have in the past lost the device and then I have no ability to recover!

@Michael_Brooks, please provide the complete diagnostic message contained within the braces: {...}. Thanks.

Most likely, the 504 error you’ve mentioned suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router or not working correctly.

Please try the following steps in order:

• Reboot your Roon Core and networking gear (router, modem, switches, etc.)
  • Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Try to update your router firmware
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode and if not, try to place into Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Thanks!

1 Like

I did reboot everything but no change.

I asked specifically how to fill in the boxes in the port forwarding for a BT Home hub.

I have a BT home hub 6 (I understand it is a combined modem / router)

Only port on the router is connected to my Innuos Zen Mini Mk3.

Service provider is BT in the UK.

@Michael_Brooks, please provide the complete diagnostic message contained within the braces: {...}. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.