Not impressed by Metrum Ambre (vs digione)

Or you have a problem with your system, specifically the DAC. Your statement is meaningless without measurement.

I don’t think the essence of this thread is about measurement, more price/performance! Interestingly the OP went with the Ambre despite his initial observations!

I think it was to do with his feet. Do they do audiophile socks yet? Perhaps have a word with Massdrop.

Presumably this comparison wasn’t with DigiOne Signature, so perhaps another comparison is due. DigiOne suitably powered.

Patatorz is, I think, just very enthusiastic. Bit then if you’ve shelled out 1k… Anyway there will be no discussion, so that’s that.

So you start off disliking due to cost it only to keep it due to sound? I wouldn’t trade my Ambre for less costly Raspberry Pi. Although the Ambre is “built” with as Pi, it’s not comparable. It offers far more than a Pi can.

1 Like

I use a Digital Distribution Amplifier (1:4) with 480MHz bandwith so it supports 4 units with the same SPDIF (COAX) signal. Israeli company KRAMER makes those for instance…