Not playing to Peachtree Nova 220SE

I got ROCK installed last night, restored the backup from the old core, and it works fine across all my zones except the direct USB connection to my amplifier. It sees it…but won’t play to it. Has anyone had any experience with these older Peachtree amps? It played just fine when installed on an old core 2 duo mac laptop circa 2009 vintage. I’ve tried it both with and without an audioquest jitterbug.

Running on a NUC7i5BNH.

Thanks!

I guess this is a unique to me problem. I guess I can play through my Sonos Connect then since I don’t have much Hi-res stuff anyway. And relocate the NUC to the server room for total silence. (Yes. I have basically a small server room. Shoot me.)

Hey Michael. I’m sure the guys here would love to help you out. Some more information though would be great. For example, more description of your specific symptoms, because to me “won’t play” could mean a couple of different things, like, you click play and the music indicates it is playing but no sound, or, you click play and the song flicks by quickly. Also, maybe screen shots of your connected endpoint showing the Peachtree and all the setup pages for it.

I wasn’t trying to be passive-aggressive although it does appear that way. I was legit being satisfied with what DID work.

Sorry. I hit play and, yes, the songs flick past quickly and nothing plays. As far as setup, it’s just a NUC USB port connected straight to the USB port on the amplifier. As basic as it gets.

I’m currently experiencing the same thing on one of my endpoints, but haven’t had time to trouble shoot it. It seems to be a problem in the DSP vs. Device settings. I set one endpoint to DSD512, native. When it turned out the core couldn’t handle that, I set it back to the previous DSD256 and that’s when the song ‘flicking’ started.

While you’re waiting for the definitive answer from support, check your DSP settings.

Did you try restarting the core after you added new endpoint?

My guess is the Nova requires a specific USB driver?

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Dahlstrom ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your observation(s) with us, the feedback is appreciated!

I just ran a quick test (NUC w/ROCK - > USB - > Peachtree Nova) to see if I can replicate the same behavior you’ve experienced. I’ve been running for roughly 40mins, and have had no issues thus far.

In light of this, we would like to have a look at your logs to see if we can identify what could be causing this to occur in your setup. May I kindly ask you to please follow the instructions found here and dump us a set of logs.

-Eric

1 Like

In March I had a customer with a similar problem, older Peachtree Nova connecting to an Antipodes server (Linux). We suspected possible firmware incompatibility, but he changed the USB cable and it started working OK. It might be worth trying with a couple of different USB cables if available?

Here are my zipped logs:

Logs in Server folder

RAAT Logs

I did try changing out the cable as well. No change. For what it’s worth, when I had my core installed on my Mid-2009 MacBook Pro, playing to USB did work.

Thank you!

Hi @Michael_Dahlstrom ----- Thank you for following up with me, confirming that the materials have been received and are in our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech staff.

Once my report has been updated and passed back, I will be sure to follow up with the team’s thoughts/findings. Your patience is greatly appreciated while we conduct our analysis.

-Eric

One last thing. When I setup the device it does indicate “bit perfect” audio up to 96 kHz in green while anything higher is red.

Last thing, I promise!

Just for Yuks, try disabling ‘Max Sample Rate’ and ‘Max Bits per Sample’.

Oops. Yeah, those settings were changed when the default wasn’t working. Still doesn’t work. :-). I do appreciate all the help and advice

Hi @Michael_Dahlstrom ----- Thank you for your patience while our team has been looking into this behavior you’ve reported to us with your NUC + Peachtree DAC.

Moving forward, the team has been trying it’s best to understand what could be causing this issue as I have had no problem working with the Nova and my NUC :head_bandage: I know you mentioned in your initial report that all was well when the core was being hosted on your Mac laptop.

As a test, could you please (temporarily) try hosting Roon on this laptop once more and confirm that there are no issues while using the DAC mounted directly to the laptop via USB.

-Eric

Yeah. I changed it up and it worked fine from the laptop. I suppose this is just one of those digital audio mysteries. Something about the Peachtree doesn’t like the Linux feed. It isn’t anything critical as I have a Sonos Connect down there that Roon handles just fine that connects to the nova via coaxial. Just a curious thing.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Apparently there is a button on the back of the amplifier that changes the USB digital audio input compatibility between 96k and 192k. I had it at 96. Change it to 192, reboot and re-enable it and it all works. Thank you for the time and efforts spent diagnosing something really stupid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.