Not seeing all Tidal albums for artists

Same thing happened to me, I went to artist looking for a particular album and it wasn’t listed so I searched on album name and it did, as well as others that wasn’t in the first listing. This has happened on a number of occasions

I know exactly what you mean. Hey its not so bad when you actually know the name of the album you are searching for but I thought the whole point of having a streaming service was to discover new albums from the artists. This is not happening in Roon. I am at the mercy of Roon to pull up all of Tidals albums from the artist and clearly this is not happening all the time. The album I just mentioned I can not even search and find it in Roon but it is clearly available in Tidal when I use there app.

I wish I could just use Tital with fidelizer but you need an organizer.

None of the albums for the band Astronoid are showing up this AM. I can find them with an artist search on the Tidal desktop app and Tidal on the web, but, when I search for them in Roon, I get “No Results Found.” The toggle for “Only in my Library” is off.

Any help greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I had never heard of them but did a search. Same response - No Results Found – when Tidal clearly has the material.

As I have been saying, there is some disconnect in search related to artists.

Yup, same here and problem has been since day one and still persists.

In the US. Just did a Tidal search for astronoid and got back an artist link and four albums. When I clicked on the artist link I saw two main albums and two EPs.

The first time I clicked < to go back from the artist page I saw a searching for astronoid page for 5-10 seconds but subsequent navigation has been immediate.

I was able to play both albums and added both to my library. Just a coincidence but they brought my album count to 1,000 :rofl:

Tim

Are any improvements planned in this area? When searching Tidal directly for artists I find a lot more albums vs searching through Roon.

I think you need to post specific examples to support your claim. Every time someone’s suggested there’s a mismatch it has been shown to be false.

The only caveat to that is on release day, where there’s a lag between the album being parsed by Roon’s data provider.

We have been posting examples look back through the archives

Every single one, including the latest one posted, is fully available in Roon.

You were the worst offender. I patiently and painstakingly pointed out why you were wrong about Hailstorm/Halestorm. The very first example you posted.

I just searched for Astronoid in Roon (the latest example). It exactly matches the albums and EPs available in native Tidal.

1 Like

Actually, not here for me:

It’s in Tidal.

Or maybe you were making assumptions about what someone else is seeing.

Also, Roon has admitted to a related bug. If you search an artist that is only a composer in your library, you cannot get to the performer page to see their albums. There is no toggle. They’ve said it’s hard to fix, IIRC.

EDIT: then I added an Astronoid album to my library. Now they show up in a search. There IS something wrong here.

Perhaps. It’s a global platform with local licensing complications. Maybe it’s related to licensing, but it seems odd that it’s visible in Tidal from that location.

Are there different peering sites involved for Tidal/Roon? Is the metadata provider’s database also localised and not synced? - that would be nightmarish if true.

Ok, sure not that hard…

Tidal search (showing all MQA versions/albums) vs Roon search: showing zero (0) MQA titles.

Mine shows MQA. ( SEARCH took over a minute but that’s another issue)

Check Versions. They’re all there.

E.g.

I missed I had to click versions, thanks. My search took a while as well…

That did the trick, thanks a lot :wink:

I have the problem now with Rosalyn Tureck, in Roon search hardly any albums to find (only 2 albums with Ralph Kirkpatrick and and 14 collections with various artist) through Roon. On my mobile phone in Tidal same time, there are several (19) own albums to find. I experienced it the first time.
Thanks if you can check it.

In the UK roon is showing 27 albums.