Now playing - HOLIDAY EDITION 🎄

Not for another 5 days we don’t!

What is it with folk celebrating Christmas in November!

1 Like

1 Like

IMG_1862

1 Like

In the US, loads of people begin listening to festive music around Thanksgiving. But we’re happy to wait a few more days until you’re ready to share your seasonal favorites.

1 Like

And make no mistake! I have many

Im as big a fan of Christmas as the next guy (possibly even more so, Christmas is a big thing for my family), but for me part of that is waiting till the time is right.

Starting too early cheapens the whole thing!

My seasonal selection will follow :wink:

1 Like

Excellent! Then we’ll have a load of recommendations to share!

Years ago, I had a weekly specialty radio show and would slowly increase the featured Holiday music between Thanksgiving and Christmas until all two hours of my spot were chock-a-block with Crimble jams.

My goal was to never repeat the same exact song twice. That became increasingly difficult over the years. Eventually, people would request something they had heard in the past, and I broke tradition to accommodate those listeners.

There’s such an abundance of great holiday music out there. Its sheer popularity means many artists have cut at least a few selections. Even artists you wouldn’t expect, like @AceRimmer shared above.

1 Like

A fun album to listen to.

6 Likes

Yes @Dan_Copley! Great recommendation!

This album is wonderful and instantly transports the listener to the dawn of hi-fi Christmas cool! The Ultra-Lounge series has grown to include something like four or five Christmas titles - all of which are must-plays for the holidays!

1 Like

Okay, it is not Christmas eve yet but this would be the perfect classical album for this occasion:

2 Likes

Yes! The check out the whole ultra lounge series- it is a great way to discover some great 60’s hifi. Reminds me of the reel to reel tapes my dad used to listen to!

1 Like

Every single Ultra Lounge compilation is in my Roon library - even the streaming-only titles! I love that stuff.

Absolutely - thanks for reminding me - off now to add more Ultra Lounge albums to the collection…

1 Like

Here are a few more recommendations for Ultra Lounge fans and sundry lovers of 50s/60s Christmas nostalgia.

RoonShareImage-638368533392039610

RoonShareImage-638368533614760300

RoonShareImage-638368533842927530

RoonShareImage-638368534533591390

2 Likes

10 Likes

Don’t know how I forgot about this but with today’s sad news:

5 Likes

So much Christmas music in the collection, but what’s currently spinning a lot are the new releases of the year …
RoonShareImage-638370385709608930

RoonShareImage-638370387926711790

1 Like

Thank you for the recommendations @ruediger! I’ll check them out :santa:t3:

This is the way!

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes