Now playing some Hip-Hop

Certainly, hip-hop is also getting on in years and not everyone can cope with the uninhibited lyrics. Music is culture for generations and here more people gather in the older age groups, for whom on average can do less with it. But some of it is already mainstream, surprising, cool or still fresh.

The hip-hop expert is now perhaps startled :wink:

3 Likes

Soulful production

Ms Hill rapping again !

4 Likes

@mike recommended this today. Really enjoying it so far!

7 Likes

From Wiki:

Little Simz self-describes their music as Rap Experimental. Their music is firmly rooted in the hip-hop subgenre of grime, but is characterized by an openness to influences from a wide variety of musical styles and genres. Elements of rock, jazz, and even classical music give her productions a musical complexity that is untypical of the genre.

Thanks for Introvert now I want to listen further.

3 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

R&B Queen Alicia Keys also cuts a good figure here and approaches hip-hop

3 Likes

Iconic opening 12 seconds.

Turn my music high, high, high, high-er

Just Blaze

3 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes

I’m so embarrassed. Not enough (maybe none at all) Cypress Hill on this thread I started.

Kudos

:ok_hand:

4 Likes

1985! Soon to be inducted into the Rock 'n Roll HOF.

I was going to say todays kids probably just know him from NCIS - but then remembered they don’t watch free to air TV anymore ! :grin:

6 Likes

If you’re not a fan of explicit lyrics (fully understandable) check out the instrumental version of this classic album. It’s on all the streaming services.

Your kids / grandkids will think you’re cool :grin:

5 Likes

I was banned from listening to most Rap when my son was 2 or 3 and came out with some quite inappropriate lyrics in front of the family :flushed::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Hilarious. Can you remember the track? :grinning:

1 Like

It happened with Eminem (something from Marshall Mathers) and Sisqo (the Thong song).
But I remember my wife walking in when we were listening to 2001 and Fcuk you was playing. Not a happy mother :frowning:

4 Likes

Classic

2 Likes

When you understand the lyrics this is quite a journey

2 Likes

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-637706210164597573

2 Likes