Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk

This came up in a tidal playlist. Caught my ears!

1 Like

Love this track. That ‘Future Soul’ playlist is great for discovering new tracks too.

Well, I like a bunch of her tunes, this one included. But I’m not a huge fan of the voice. It’s a bit flat and consequently they seem to do all kinds of electronic tricks with her tunes. It all fits as good music. Just sayin’…
Raquel Rodriguez, OTOH. Can’t get enough.

oh yeah! Anything with low bass notes that feel like they are coming from my spine is already on the list. But this is a great tune too.
Gotta check out The Weeknd…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oh yeh that’s the good stuff. Hadn’t heard this track but the name and voice sounded familiar.

Just realised I have her in my library on this funky track with the legendary Joey Negro.

1 Like

Yep, I heard about her on this thread. I have a Raquel Rodriguez playlist that consists of the first Joey Negro remix, her first album, the second Joey Negro remix, her second album, and the third Joey Negro remix. :grin:

1 Like

Found this in a Charity shop…

4 Likes

Oh yes… new Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis and Sounds of Blackness collaboration ! And some amazing vocalists.

2 Likes

I’m love me some good talkbox action…

43%20pm

Absolute classic… and very influential… the list of tracks (both R&B and Hip-Hop) that came later (and still to today) that sampled different parts of this track is too long to write…

Proud Aussies too… :grin:

1 Like

34%20am

Great new track with great production.

1 Like

Robert Glasper on the keys, with his trademark sound and production :musical_keyboard: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Love the use of violin in this

1 Like