Nuc Rock Server Option Disappeared

Your Roon license can be used with one server at any one time. Sometimes Roon gets confused and thinks that you are already using your license with a different server. That’s what it’s saying in this screenshot.

Simply click the Unauthorize button, this will tell Roon that you want to switch the license to a different server. It will show you a list of servers again, then once again pick the ROCK.

For s
Wade,
When I hit Unauthorize button this is what I get:

SHOULD I HIT THE “DISCONNECT” NOW?

At least it is playing the audio now through my headphones connected to the NUC Rock server, even if it says it is connected to the Desktop-H8110358 before it was playing through my computer speaker.

That screenshot of Roon’s Settings > General screen shows that you are connected to your ROCK/NUC’s Roon Server - even though it has DESKTOP-H8V03JB as the name. Why would you want to disconnect from this server - I thought that was the server you wanted.

You should now be able to go to the Settings > Setup screen and change the server name to something more obvious…

4 Likes

I was working on this issue in this forum, but when I tried to do a new post, no option was found for me. The topic I used was “Nuc Rock Server Option Disappeared.”

This is the post:

"At least it is playing the audio now through my headphones connected to the NUC Rock server, even if it says it is connected to the Desktop-H8V0358 before it was playing through my computer speaker.

Before it listed my Rock Server, it didn’t show the Desktop.

I did do my backup from the Desktop.

I think I must fix this before identifying my 2T memory in my NUC."

You probably mean this topic!?

You are right. I just didn’t want to make a mistake in posting.

It’s not good practice to split your issue into several threads, so maybe @Geoff_Coupe could merge these posts?

Done. No idea why @Don_Gilbert couldn’t post in the existing thread…

I think I have to get this fixed before I do anything with the memory in the NUC. I know I don’t want it going to my Desktop on my computer.
I transferred all my music from Roon on my computer to the NUC.

Sorry for my mistake before posting to a new topic. Once I deleted the old post I was working on, it let me post again.

What is it that you need to get “fixed”. It’s not clear from your post what you mean.

Geoff,
I believe I have a problem with my Roon server. I transferred my Roon music from my computer to the new NUC. I believe it thinks my Desktop computer is my server, not the NUC.
Yesterday, Wade Oram posted on what I think I need to do. I just don’t want to make a critical mistake.

No. I was responding to your question about logging in.

You have now logged in to your server, it wouldn’t be working if you hadn’t. Now the issue is that, the Roon Server has an inappropriate name. This can be fixed (Changed to ROCK or something else of your choosing) using the Roon Settings as described by @Geoff_Coupe here:

See the “Roon Server Name” setting.

As others have said, that is just a name which you can change. When you install Roon, it defaults the server name to the name of the PC. When you backup the database you are also backing up the name.

You can change this name to anything you want, like “New York City”. The location to change the name is found in Settings / Setup as others have given you screen shots. The section is called Roon Server Name…

Here is a pic of that setting on my server which I’ve named “Rocky”

Before I thought a problem started, I transferred my Roon music to my portable SSD and loaded it to the NUC. Then I went to Choose your Roon Server. The choices I was given were DESKTOP-H8V03JB and NUC. I chose the NUC, and everything worked.
Then I went and watched some playoff football, but when I returned, the music played out of the computer and not from my Mojo 2 Dac connected to the NUC. When I looked at "Choose your Roon Server, my options were my computer or DESKTOP-H8V03JB.
Now that I know it is just a name, not a link to the server, I will change the name for my server. I wanted to ensure I had this right before I worked on the setup for the memory in the NUC.
Thank You for your assistance.
Don