Nuc Rock Server Option Disappeared

I have been using my new NUC Rock for three days. It has worked great until just now when I returned to it, and it only recognizes my computer as an option for my server. I rebooted both the computer and Nuc Rock. It still does not give me the opportunity for my NUC Rock.

How do I get the option to use my NUC Rock as my server again? I use my computer as my server to get to the Roon Community.

Two options are offered to me to use as my server:
1). This PC
2). The identification number for my computer - Desktop-H840358

Screenshot:

Before, my options were Desktop or NUC (Roon Optimized Core Kit). I hope that makes sense.

Should I unplug my NUC for a minute and then reconnect it?

Did you get everything to work after the trouble in your other thread 3 days ago, and is this now a newly appearing problem?

It is new as of thirty minutes. It has been working great. I just returned to listen to some more music during halftime of the football game. It just started this out of the blue.

I went ahead and turned off the NUC for a minute, but that didn’t work.

Go, Lions :lion: :football:

OK thanks, so we can ignore what happened before, I guess.

What happens when you click this?

This is what I get when I hit the Configure…network

For some reason, it looks like my Core Kit is now on my Desktop. Before, my choice was between the Desktop and the Core Kit.

It does look as if Roon doesn’t find it or the network, but what happens now when you click the ROCK‘s IP address here?

This is what I get:

My guess would be to Restart the “Roon Server Software”

Yes I would try that. The screenshot with the ROCK web admin page shows that the ROCK is working in principle, so this is good. You could also reboot it completely with the button top right

I did, but I still got the same option of the following:

It seems so strange that this happened when I was away from my computer, too.

It is weird and I have no idea what is going on. Sorry. Hopefully someone else will have an idea.

Maybe it just wants you to pay attention to the final quarter and will work again afterwards :wink:

If not, reboot the router, and switches, and then the ROCK again. Who knows

I will try rebooting the router.

Wait a minute, I noticed something:

Where it says „Desktop-H840358“, it says Roon Optimized Core Kit as well,

and it shows the same IP as the web admin page shows, 10.0.0.89. So this seems to be the ROCK after all.

The fact that it uses the desktop name for the ROCK doesn’t make any sense (maybe your router is confused), but it’s just a name and the IP is what’s relevant. What happens if you click the Connect button for it?

Did you by any chance use the backup from your DESKTOP to set up the NUC?

If so it maybe that you just need to change the name here:

There is also a registry file that may need to be reset on your NUC, you might need @support advice before you do anything like that.

4 Likes

Very good point :+1:

This is what I get when I hit the connect button:

The Roon server is being treated as a different server. This is saying that the ‘old’ server is still logged in and thus, you can’t login to this server until the association between the subscription and the old account is torn down.

The fix is simple. Click on the ‘Unauthorize’ button and the login should continue.