NUC starting point

Really clean looking build Paul…thing of beauty! Appeals to my OCD (but electronically inept) nature.

1 Like

Hi, I have bought an I7 NUC 10th generation assuming that will work easily. I have made it but have to do huge research on how to change to legacy boot and had to add an USB rj45 converter to recognize the network with ROCK. Buy the i7 8th generation that is certified.

For the up sampling, works real good. My collection is about 300,000+ songs in ALAC, mostly 16 bit - 44, but also have collections in high resolution. With 2 youngsters and a wife, usually I have three end points in different rooms playing at the same time and do not have troubles with NUC performance.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Nice build. May I know what is the model of the case?

Hdplex unit they have several this was the medium size option maybe H2 I forget. There is a NUC option too I think

Hdplex.com

Thanks. Now HDplex has H5, H3 and H1 cases. Is your one H3?

1 Like

HDPLEX H3 V2 Fanless PC Chassis was the model replaced with the V3 I guess.

Got it. Thank you :smile:

I split my heat pipes to 50/50 each side as I had no extra cards to house in the chassis. Also using Hdplex 200W LMPS to run my code, Lumin D1 and EtherREGEN plus a wuiet fan on the PS top just to keep things cooler

1 Like