Running 37 minutes, 29 seconds.
Roon Database & Settings
Reset
OK
100% of 114 GB available.
Internal Music Storage
Format
OK
4000GB, Samsung SSD 850 100% of 3697 GB available.
Networking

Not sure how to post a screenshot from the Ipad. This is the best i can do at the moment. It seems to be an IP address issue.

Google is your friend

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-take-a-screenshot-ipad/

Lokks like the drive is rhere and ready to go. Just need to access it from your network and load music. Will let someone more familiar with MACs help with that.

With my Roon serup this is what the internal storage on my ROCK looks like. Screen shot from my android phone. It show up as “music folder”

I am still having difficulty. I opened the NUC and connected externally to USB and the drive is recognized. Also reformatted die to EXFAT. Rock for some reason does not recognize Samsung 850. it shows up in Rock configuration, but when you go to storage it’s not coming up.

Does “music folder” show up? If so, that should be your internal drive.

You browse to the Rock on your network and copy your music to “internal storage”
The path should look like this;
\ROCK\Data\Storage\InternalStorage

“Intrenal storage” would be your installed drive. It will not show as a separate drive but as a folder.
When i get home tonight I can get you a screen shot of what it looks like.

Hi @arthur_Zaretsky ---- Thank you for the continued feedback here bt more importantly, thank you for your patience.

I noticed that you had raised the same issue in this thread here as well. Just to keep you in the loop, I would normally combine the two threads but I don’t want to re-add any any information that has already be stated above. As such, I will be addressing your support request “here” as I can see you have been getting help from other users (thank you everyone :clap:)

Continuing forward, as asked previously, would kindly provide a screenshot of your “storage” tab in Roon so we can see if your “music” folder is appearing. Additionally, can you please verify that you can access the internal storage of your NUC via the OS on another device as can be seen in my screenshots below:

26%20PM

-Eric

Thank you. I will look into this.

OK, the rocks 128gb m.2 drive shows up (the core) with all it’s sub folders, the 4tb SSD sata drive shows up in the Bios of the nuc, it shows up in the rock management console,it’s a samsung 850 ssd. I pulled the drive put a sata to usb cable on and plugged it into the nuc’s usb port and it showed up every where no problem, move it back to the internal sata of the nuc and it does not show up. I’m working with Arthur.

be aware, most recent Roon version (unsure if this change went out yet) calls this ROCK Internal Storage and not Music Folder. @mike would know since he manages the release notes.

Does that mean that when the update goes out my "music folder’ will be renamed? or is it only on “new” installs that it will be called “Rock Internal storage”?

LOL question answered by the 1.5 update, yes it does rename the location… :slight_smile:

The path on the network is still: \ROCK\Data\Storage\InternalStorage

Do you not see an “InternalStorage” folder? Something like this:

That’s your internal SSD, which shows up in Roon as the default Music Folder in Roon’s Settings/Storage tab.

In your network, ROCK is a painter :wink:

The consequence of accepting the Roon Lab’s default name, I’m afraid. All my other PCs are named after French Impressionists, as I think you’ve twigged…

Balzille, Monet2 and Cassatt are sleeping at the moment.

1 Like

Still confused.We are dragging files over to rock/data/storage/ internal storage.

we keep checking both internal drives to see if there is any change in disk space. Both drives M2 show exactly the same amount of available space as before we did the transfer. Does it take time for ROCK to reflect the changes or am I still doing something wrong?

Well, do your files show up in Roon’s library?

yes they are in my library

But why is there no disk usage showing in the configure menu?

When we add an external usb sad it shows up immediately in the storage
menu and it can be added.

The internal drive only shows rock/data/storage/internal storage

I’m sorry, but are you talking about this screen:

That has never showed (by design) the physical storage consumed by your library. If you want to see that, go to the web page for your ROCK appliance:

1 Like

Yes that’s the screen I meant. We copied a gig of music over and there was no change in free disk space.

Hi @arthur_Zaretsky ---- I wanted to follow up with you after seeing you response to my post above.

Before we continue forward, I want to just take a step back for a moment to clarify exactly what state you are currently in with your Roon setup. After having read through your most recent posts this is my understanding of the situation…

You have been able to copy content to the internal storage on the NUC hosting ROCK and the media is appearing in your Roon library as expected. However the concern you have is that the drive’s available space is not reflecting any changes based on the amount of content you have added, correct?

Furthermore, it seems like you are verifying that you are looking at ROCK’s web UI in your previous post, in response to Geoff’s question above. Can you please confirm this thought and post a screenshot of ROCK’s web UI so I can see what you are seeing on your end?

-Eric