NUC8I7BEH - Will this unit work for Roon Core?

Unless you have got faulty hardware, I assure you Lumin is not the cause of your dropout.

If you have dropouts with Hi-Res music stored locally in your iMac, your WiFi is not good enough for your Roon purpose. You need to do this test, to find out whether it’s your WiFi or a Tidal issue.

If you have confirmed the WiFi to be the issue and want to buy new hardware for wired Roon Core, and if you want to save a little money, you can go with NUC8i5BEH instead of NUC8i7BEH. (I do not recommend the BEK, or i3).

With the Lumin T2 you can try using Roon DSP for DSD512 upsampling.

I would recommend the i7 NUC if you have many DSD audio files and/or HD PCM files, 24/96…24/192 and need to resample the streams to an other format/sample rate.

The i3 will do perfectly w/ a library of CD quality or even HD PCM files - even with tens of thousands of titles - given you stay in the PCM domain and/or do not make use of digital filters.

Even if you do not want to fiddle with the hardware, be warned about a certain noise level of the NUC‘s built-in fan if it is located in your music room.

1 Like

thanks, I don’t have any hi-res files saved locally. Mainly just using Tidal/Qobuz. I just want a plug and play and not have to worry about it.

If you do not plan to use the i3-NUC for other purposes :wink:, the device will even be slightly over configured. Anyway, have fun - Roon plus Tidal opens up a new universe to us music addicts.

yea, I currently run Roon now on my IMAC. Looking for a more stable connection since nobody will help me troubleshoot why my wifi -all of the sudden- doesn’t work with Roon

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.