Nucleus as a streamer

Who has used Nucleus as a streamer when connected to the USB on a DAC.
What is your results

The Nucleus would not be a streamer in this case. It would be playing to the DAC directly.

I use my Nucleus to stream Tidal and Qobuz. It is not connected by USB, but is connected by both ethernet and HDMI. I can detect no difference in SQ. It’s great either way. I suspect USB would be great also, but IDK.

1 Like

In the case above. I only listen to Tidal ( some Amazon HD that is not compatible with Roon ) I am using a Vinnie Rossi L2i with a builtin DAC which has USB imput

Very good results. With my Devialet Expert 140 Pro, the Roon Nucleus connected to the Devialet DAC via USB sounds better than via Ethernet.

I am curious whether it’s possible to connect a Rotel Michi P5 pre-amplifier DAC to a Roon Nucleus via USB, and what the results are…?

My Nucleus was originally connected to various DACs through USB and it sounded great. Recently I’ve added Raspberry Pi as endpoint so Nucleus is connected by ethernet. Still sounds great. I don’t notice a difference in sound quality between USB and ethernet. YMMV.

Why would it not be a streamer in this case?