Nucleus connected directly to Anthem receiver via HDMI keeps losing connection to receiver

That sounds like a good thing to do. Easier access and proper ventilation.

And yes, at least for me, setup and accessibility is a big deal. I chose the built in route for appearance and my wife is happy with that. I’ve had the big whole wall cabinet look that was fun when I was younger but a pain to get inside or behind for wire routing and connections.

That closet I mentioned earlier became our climate controlled media closet with a separate isolated 20amp power source. All the wiring for a 7.2.6 speaker arrangement runs through the walls and terminates into wall plates in the closet. I use 2 foot cables from receiver to the wall connections, except for the subs (sub cables run through the walls but direct connection only for those). Also have the whole house Ethernet and cable wiring routed to that location with the Network equipment. Single cable run from pole drop to connection panel in the closet along with Ethernet and cable runs from each room in the house. No splitters or connections in the attic. Cable/internet company folks love it, walk in and open the door for access to everything they need to check.

That project took several years to complete, but it was fun and the final product is functional and a joy to use. Replacing components is a breeze.

Now at 69 all I can do it listen to the music. Darn: :slight_smile: Its all good.

Here is a link to photos and some information on the project if you’re interested. This is post that folks use to show and discuss equipment. Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03] - #3462 by Mike_LC