Nucleus+, Internal SSD - Maintenance?

This is just a question…not any sort of support crisis.

I have a Nucleus+ and have recently navigated the process of migrating my music library from my NAS to a large SSD which I installed in the Nucleus+. This forum was really helpful in getting me past some minor issues I ran into.

Forgive my technical naivety here, but I believe that the Sinology NAS does various maintenance (reindexing etc.) on a regular basis. Similarly, I’m assuming that OSX does a similar job on my storage within my iMac and MacBook??

Is there any need for any periodic maintenance of the storage SSD within the Nucleus+? Or is it simply not needed? If it is needed, does the Nucleus+ handle the maintenance tasks itself?

I don’t have a problem, I’m just thinking that…part of the reason for moving to the Nucleus+ with its own SSD storage was to make sure that music files could be made available to Roon in a fast and reliable way. If the structure/indexing/integrity of the SSD becomes degraded over time (with files being added/deleted), then will that not result in losing part of what has been gained??

Thanks

To my knowledge nothing is performed automatically and nothing is needed.
If you find yourself regularly deleting existing files then just a quick trip to settings:library and select clean up library and you should be all set.

SSD wear leveling is handled by its internal microcontroller and current kernels fully support SSDs, so no worries.
Your nucleus is an appliance and should not require any maintenance, other than setting up automatic database backups to external disk once, regularly taking updates and keeping an external backup of your music files.

1 Like

Many thanks for your answers on this

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.