Nucleus+ review in Darko

Ha my old friend, The Slim Reaper’s hatred for anything that claims to improve/claim USB audio is well known around this forum. He can get a little too angry sometimes but it’s always a good chuckle :rofl:

Maybe because he’s caught in two minds, because he actually likes what his $400 iFi iUSB3.0 does with USB audio? Maybe you should have spent that $400 on a better USB cable @xxx ? :grin: Just poking and having some fun here of course.

How’s things anyway buddy? We’re looking forward to getting out of winter soon, here in the land down under hehe

Are you still eye-ing that iDSD PRO? I still think it’s a good idea to wait until the end of this year with that one… but reports on the SQ (for those without issues) sound really good so far. My local shop recently told me they have it in store to demo, so I’ll get around to it on one of the next few weekends hopefully.

If you follow the progression of the thread you will see that my rant grew deeper after Darko’s snarky responses. The whole bit about cables was originally a one line toss. That’s OK, doesn’t really matter.

A lot of Darko fanboys. Pity the ones that have been critical of him have been silent, but that’s OK. Doesn’t matter.

I think many people don’t know what a review should read like. For an example see here -

Loyalty to friends is important.

Not angry, just bored.:wink:

@dabassgoesboomboom -
Greetings, brother. No worries.

1 Like

@oneofmany @HWZ Ha! Suddenly my Catholic prep school and altar boy experiences lend themselves to my favorite audio forum. Thanks to my Latin primer and Brother Ivo at Our Lady of Good Counsel high school in Wheaton, Md. And the next time I complain about anything, I shall utter, “mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa”!

3 Likes

Well, anyone who pretends to be the bearer of truth needs to be scrutinized. Not just reviewers (with ad funded websites), but the usual forum critics claiming to know a thing or two.

Now then, perhaps back on topic?
I thought the review and Johns videos were great for newbies and even those who have already taken the plunge!
This is the way to expand the user base (and consequently bring progress and longevity to the Roon product) and introduce many more music lovers to the concept of Roon.
Which is still quite a mouthful, to those inexperienced with computer audio or streaming concepts…

2 Likes

Heap praise - heap insults. It’s all part of the game of facile opinions.

Would you have bothered to respond to this thread at all if you hadn’t wanted to preface your ‘on topic’ remarks with the critical preamble?

Admit it, participation is fun, no matter what.

Not angry, just bored.:sunglasses:

And, without wanting to jump on the earlier spelling flame, pretty boring.

Pretty easy to understand why you encountered some snarkiness.

2 Likes

@MCM, You couldn’t stop yourself from posting, could you?

You’re only proving my point. Thanks.

Just for a second, this thread made me want to go out and get myself a Really Expensive Cable.

Instead I ordered 2,5m S/PDIF coax from Blue Jeans Cable (my Airport Extreme killed my old (Meridian) one – don’t ask ;-)). At least it will blend in visually with the other ones in my system.

6 Likes

Life is too short for this sort of feebleminded trolling.

1 Like

@MCM -

How was my response a troll? Trolling involves insults like accusing someone of being ‘feebleminded’

Try not to respond to this. I bet you can’t stop yourself, again.

This can be pretty expensive, too. If you wrap the cable in a pair of Armani jeans…:wink::joy:

2 Likes

I have deleted a few posts resorting to namecalling.

Please let the trolling business go, guys. In this thead, discuss the Nucleus, Darko and even cables if you must (they are part of the review after all) – but go for the ball please, not for the players.

3 Likes

Fortunately they gave up the Latin requirement at Cambridge the year I went

I gave up Latin at 15 !!

2 Likes

You graduated from Cambridge University at the age of 15? :joy:

Not quite, OxBridge had a requirement for Latin or Greek until the 1968 admission year, I was a normal 21 graduate, I am that OLD

Mike

1 Like

Ave Caesar morituri te salutant is about all I can remember at this point!

My regret in life (there may be more than one) is not having a classical education.

Greek - to read Marcus Aurelius, Euripides, Aeschylus, Xenophon in the original.

Too late, now.

I got stuck at Hic est puer !!!

I even decided Pharmacy wasn’t an option and went for Pure Chemistry

I guess scientists aren’t good at languages , except C#, Vb and SQL

Mike

1 Like

Ad impossibile nemo tenetur

Pax tecum!

Huh!? F**ker… :laughing:

1 Like