Nucleus+ Xfinity Comcast Security warnings

I see this has been covered here but I don’t see a resolution.
I keep getting security warnings from Xfinity/Comcast internet that they have stopped an attempted breach. This is concerning. Anyone else getting this, any solutions?

Thank you.

If you open a port on your router and forward it to your local network, then you’re bound to have attempts to connect on that port from malicious actors. Even if your router didn’t block the connection, bugs aside, Roon would not accept the connection, unless it’s properly authenticated.

What is so concerning about the router blocking these things and notifying you via these security warnings? Would you rather that it didn’t block them? :slight_smile:

Knowing these things are getting blocked, what solution would you expect?

If you’re still concerned, right now, the only option you have is completely disable ARC. That way there’s no open port on your router and there can’t be any attempts to connect to it either. To still have some “Roon on the go” funtionality, you can setup a VPN server on your local network. That way you can VPN remotely into your local network (ironically that still requires an open port).

For anything else, Roon would have to totally have to redesign the feature, which seems unlikely at short / midterm notice.