Occasional long "freeze" between tracks

Hi @guy_gichon,

Is there any way you could focus on a TIDAL queue of 10k tracks to see if this behavior reproduces? Maybe all your TIDAL + Qobuz (if you have Qobuz) tracks being focused brings it up to the 10k amount?

QA is trying to determine if local storage is playing a part in this behavior or if it affects any focused queue of larger than 10k.

I donā€™t have more than 3k of streaming tracks.
I can confirm that the issue will occur on large queues of local only tracks, without streaming tracks included

1 Like

Thanks for the additional info @guy_gichon, I have added this to your case notes. Letā€™s see if QA has any further questions, I will keep you posted, thanks.

Thanks
In the meantime I might have found a workaround.
It seems that if donā€™t use the ā€œnext trackā€ button and instead I use the track progress slider and just pull it all the way to the end of the track, the issue will not happen.
I have just finished a listening session of over an hour, using this workaround, and did not experience the issue.

1 Like

Checking up

Any update?

Hi @guy_gichon,

I just checked the status of your ticket and it is still pending review by QA. I have pingā€™d them to ask for a status update, once I hear back, Iā€™ll follow up here. Thanks!

Hi @guy_gichon,

I spoke to QA and they attempted to reproduce your findings for quite some time before the latest build was released, but they have been unable to do so on the previous build. They will try again to see if they can reproduce on the newest build.

Thanks for the update.
Hope for good news soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:
Iā€™m starting off with a smile because I think my problem is over.

I decided to try and reset my dB, and bottom line after a somewhat painful recovery things are working great. Everything is very snappy and fast and so far I have not experienced those freezes.
Will have to monitor this for a few more days before I am fully convinced itā€™s done with :muscle:

Few notes on the dB reset and recovery that I think should be taken as feature requests:

1. I believe I am not the first user to need a dB reset. A featured dB reconstruction would be nice - a process to rebuild the dB while preserving the data. Just a way to flush out any corruptions. (Clean up is not enough. I tried itā€¦)
  2. In order to recover my favorites and banned tracks I prepared 2 excel exports before resetting the dB. With the new dB I converted the excels to playlists (requires some manual fixing due to new smb mapping on the Core) and imported them to Roon.
    2.1 Recovering the favorites is easy. Load the playlist mark all tracks and click favorite.
    2.2 Recovering Banned tracks was painful. Had to do the same as for favorites but then manually click again on all those hearts to turn them into banned. Yep, manuallyā€¦
    A bulk ā€œbanā€ operation would be much appreciated.
  3. Since Iā€™m grooming my library between favorites and banned I use a focused list to listen to unmarked tracks - not a favorite and not banned. Since there is no option to select non favorite tracks I use the not played option (assuming a track marked as favorite was already playedā€¦). Post dB reset obviously all tracks are fresh, so in order for my focused list to work I set up about 15 zones which are playing on mute and are playing through all the freshly marked favoritesā€¦
    An option to focus on non favorites would be more elegant :slightly_smiling_face:
    I know I can use tags, but since I already experienced a corrupt dB once I prefer to keep it as lean as possible from additional fields. At least for nowā€¦
1 Like

Hi @guy_gichon,

Thanks for letting me know the fresh database helped here! I did speak to QA recently regarding your case and they have not been able to reproduce the issue on their end, so trying the new database was a great test :+1:.

You are correct, these belong in the feature request section of this site :slight_smile: . Our product team keeps a close eye on that category, so I would suggest you open a new thread there and copy + paste your suggestions over.

All in all, glad to hear the new database helped!