Ok, Don't Flame Me. Settings to sound like Audirvana?

Electrical noise can cause data transmission errors. But that is not what I am talking about. Electrical noise is a problem even when audio data is transferred bit perfect.

You don’t really understand the problems caused by electrical noise and you don’t really seem all that interested in learning something here so I am not going to waste my time trying to educate you.

Yes, but that is what Mattias is talking about. Digital audio transport. So I think you two are talking past each other.

How surprising!

Digital audio is transported over an analog medium. Electrical noise from the sending device can easily contaminate the receiving device. Connecting a electrically noisy general purpose computer via USB to DAC versus a much more electrically quiet endpoint can effect the quality of the analog signal coming out of that DAC.

But, no, you “digital is digital” folks don’t believe any of that is possible.

1 Like

But I am sure you do since you always repeat the same non-informative phrases.
We are trying to be scientific here and there is no flesh in your argumentation.

1 Like

Not just a better SQ option now but a UX one too potentially. Will dust off my licence to see if worth a swap since Roon 1.8.