On the importance of quality cabling in any digital network šŸ¤£

Since we know that lots of extraneous detail adds credibility, i fleshed out the gaming section above, with a judicious mix of fact and claptrap. :rofl:

2 Likes

You almost had me until your wifeā€™s productivity. Excellent April Fools.

@AndersVinberg

Iā€™m wondering what wouldā€™ve happened if you hadnā€™t told us the whole post was an April Foolsā€™ Day prankā€¦

1 Like

Spot on, Anthony.

Thatā€™s where youā€™re wrong - it is simple.
As simple as proofs of theoremsā€¦If you understand what I mean.

P.S.
Long dissertation is always less persuasiveā€¦

If you want a free performance enhancement to Roon, with attendant benefits to increased computer security and faster access to webpages, try changing the DNS on your router, iPhone, computer, etc. to <1.1.1.1> (minus the brackets, of course). Just type in 1.1.1.1 to your browser and youā€™ll get instructions for that particular device. Before doing this, be aware that this service was launched on April Foolsā€™ Day (get it, four ones or 4.1?). Nonetheless, it is a real service and, at least for me, actually led to quicker loading of the Roon app on my iPad and a little better response time. See this link!

1 Like

There would have been dozens of posts on how they had experienced the same things, along with scientific sounding potential explanations (using the science and engineering incorrectly of course). Itā€™s really hard to write an over-the-top April Fools post regarding audiophile crazy stuff. Thereā€™s enough of that on the internet EVERY DAY. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Absolutely superb Anders, I am printing this out and framing it.

After all, I still own those AQ Diamond Functionally Perfect Silver Interconnects that cost Ā£500/Metre, that I purchased in 1991. What a pillock I was/am. :smile:

LOL!

Well done prank!

This made me laugh, well played! Iā€™m into photography and I was like ā€œno wayā€ over and over!

1 Like

I suppose these trials were made blindly, otherwise they have no empirical weight! :wink:

Anders:.Did you do the experiments or not ?

If not, you have both a vivid imagination and too much spare time on your hands -and absolutely no sensitivity for us poor audiophiles. lol

April Foolā€™s, honestly ā€¦

pj

PoppyCock, I want what you guys are smoking, eating. Subject this to true, blind testing, flip a coin, and guess what 50/50 random results.

Gah !

Only just read this. You had me up to the subtle complex shade of gray Google results. Well played.

You realize this is a (well done) April Fools joke, right?

You got me; well done!
As I read along, each line brought a deeper scowl and growing outrage. ā€œUtter nonsense,ā€ I thought. Just the kind of drivel so-called ā€œgolden-ear audiophilesā€ espouse in many an on-line review. Then the punchline. You got me!
A ruefull smile followed by a sense of relief.

Did you find that there were between 49 and 51 shades of grey in the Google results?

Im not sure about the Hawthorne effect - my audio testing seems to suffer the Dunning Kruger effect.

Good job, I totally agree with you.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/why-different-roon-bridge-sounds-different/63855

Somehow I am in this post after I posted a new thread on above LOL

Iā€™m sorry there were no audiophile grade power cords around to plug my Omega B700 enlarger into during my analog photography days.