Once again... Audio track loading slowly

So I spent the whole Friday trying to solve this because what else could you do on Fridays? Things I did:

• Reset BIOS to default settings

• Reinstalled Realtek GBe Network controller drivers

• Reinstalled and restored Roon from backup, also changed from RoonServer + Roon control to simple Roon only application on my Win 10 PC. Never noticed any SQ improvements using the former configuration anyway.

• Reinstalled the newest firmware on D-Link router

• Fiddled with Windows 10 services disabling/enabling some which had anything to do with networking or power saving

• Fiddled with every possible Win 10 setting which has anything to do with power saving or networking

• Checked probably ten times that my PC power saving options were all off and it was using the high power plan and advanced settings

• Tried to disable indexing on my HDD because someone on internet told it could improve things, useless

• Installed Asset UPnP server and Linn Kinsky control point to try out. Had no problems or dropouts with them so it’s Linn + Roon and their fragile relationship clearly.

• And as I earlier told, added Netgear GS105v5 switch to the mix.

After everything had failed, I checked the advanced settings of Realtek GBe Family Controller driver (motherboard’s integrated network card). I googled about tips and found this article:

I fiddled the settings according to that article but no, still sleeping in reading error message. Then I tried to remove GS105 from the mix and directly connected everything to the D-Link 868L router again and then… no sleeping anymore. I got normal playback and full buffer again. Color me surprised.

But I had noticed that GS105 has positive effect on sound quality. I listened for a while and everything was still working normally. Then I plugged GS105 back in and now everything worked fine with it also… wtf. Once again I got it working (for now) by fiddling around settings like madman. I’m not sure what did it in the end but I hope it works for a while now.