opneSUSE MicroOS Roon install

Hi everyone!

I’d like to share some experiences with installation of Roon Core on Zotac Zbox using openSUSE Tumbleweed MicroOS.

Installation of base OS is extremely fast and small. By default there is no firewall installed and SELinux is in enforcingmode. For my purpose the MicroOS minimal profile was sufficient. To install Roon Core I need install additional packages ffmpeg cifs-utils lbzip2 libicu alsa and some tools to manage SElinux restorecond policycoreutils policycoreutils-python-utils setools-console selinux-autorelabel selinux-policy-targeted selinux-policy-devel.

Roon installation could be made using easy installer however to execute the installer shell script tukit has to be used and afterward I have to modify SElinux file type for installed shell script to bin_t.

I’m very satisfied with the result. Even the conversion from Tidal MQA FLAC to DSD256 is running flawlessly with 2x processing speed. Communication with HQPlayer also on issues.

Final installation size is approx. 2GB including boot partition. By default /var is on separate partition which is use by the Roon to store it’s data.