Oppo 205 as source for CD ripping

OK, consider me jealous :slight_smile: An excellent option for sure.

I recently ripped my theater out of my 2-channel system and stuck it elsewhere so I’m now need to rebuild a MC solution since my stereo is now, truly, stereo and my theater is not nearly as great. MC will have to wait but the exaSound is an excellent bit of kit from what I read. Do enjoy it.

I don’t think we’ll be able to separate the musical sound system from the home theater. We have one shared media/entertainment space, recently remodeled from the ground up, and that will have to be it for us.

I don’t feel the need for separation of music and theater. With the setup as is, for home theater the OPPO 205 - 13.2 channel Receiver - 7.2.4 speaker arrangement does an excellent job. For music the S88, using only the receiver amps with the 7.1 analog connections, works equally well with Stereo or MC pcm/dsd files. It switches back and forth seamlessly from a single playlist.

The only change I’m considering for the system is a MC amp to increase the power output to the main speakers. The receiver has 150W for 2 channel but probably drops into the 90’s for multi-channel. The addition of the MC amp would more than double the power output to each of the speakers. Both theater and music would benefit.

In my dreams I’d also like to audition B&W 802 D4’s in place of the 702 S2’s for the front towers, but that would be a choice between a new vehicle or speakers for the retirement years.

Hope you get your setup the way you want it.

Thanks for that info. All my recent MC DSD downloads have come from NativeDSD. Ready to try some others. The search continues.

Less expensive options are the Okto Dac8 Pro and the Topping DM7 8 channel DACs.