OPPO UDP-205 Missing From Signal Path

Hello,

I’m evaluating the Silent Angel M1T network bridge. I am streaming Tidal and my music library from a MacMini and the bridge is connected to the USB DAC input on my UDP-205. For some reason the OPPO is not showing up in the Roon signal path, but it appears it is decoding MQA correctly on the OPPO info screen. I’m still learning about all of this and haven’t used a network bridge before.

It seemed odd the OPPO was not in the Roon signal path showing the decoding there as I have seen it in some other group members posts. Any suggestions why it is missing? I wonder if it is just the M1T network bridge? I found it on the Roon website and decided to give it a try. I just want to be sure I have everything configured correctly for the best sound. Thanks for any suggestions or help articles I should review.

1. You actually got the Oppo logo and model number on the signal path screenshot. I would not call this to be “missing”, and I don’t think it is a problem or unexpected at all.

2. Your Oppo shows OFS, but the Roon Core is not doing the Core decoding - so it should be sending the raw MQA to the Roon bridge. This is a problem. Either you’re taking the photos at different times for different configurations or different tracks, or the bridge is decoding MQA Core decoding without reporting it in the signal path, or there is something else I missed.