Opus number problems: Busoni

Just imported a load of Busoni. Metadata was good, with opus numbers. Many works did not match.

It seems Roon (correctly) expects the standard Busoni catalogue to be called KiV, but doesn’t know that BV is often also used: same numbers just different prefix.

The fact they are interchangeable is mentioned here:

Thanks for reaching out about this, @Ludwig.

Can you share a couple screenshots of examples of this so we can take a closer look?

A screenshot of catalogue numbers? Or of what?..

Hi @Ludwig,

Can you share a screenshot of one specific album showing what you mentioned above? Focusing in on one specific example will be helpful here when I pass a ticket to the team.

Thanks!

Apologies that I never followed this up.

I have spent the last hour banging my head against this:

It is not listed in Discogs or Rate Your Music. The contents by work are below.

BV is the same as KiV
BV B 42 is the same as KiV B42

But even using the precise titles from Allmusic (which I know does not wholly supply the Roon metadata server, but still…) Roon gets totally confused. Many multipart works are called the Piano Concerto, despite correct and fulsome tags. (WORK/PART, also with WORKID etc).

I can supply sample files if you need.

Here are screen shots from disc 3. There is no performance of the piano concerto on this disc, nor mention of it in my tags.

Can you confirm that Prefer file is set for Multi-part composition grouping for this album?

Finally, see Roon attempt to sort Busoni’s compositions by KiV number. Something definitely wrong here.

Yes I can confirm that is definitely active, both locally for this album and globally.

Okay, well this definitely seems like a local library issue as there is no metadata for that album (other than a stub entry from TiVo). Also, we are aware of the BV catalog, so not completely sure what is going on there, although it could be a failure of TiVo to add both entries to Busoni’s compositions.

Handing this one to @support .

@support people, what further information do you need?

Hi @Ludwig ,

Thanks for the report here and your patience.

Yes, can you please upload the sample files to the below link and let us know once uploaded? Thanks!

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/nqcgjac23027d90a441bda2c314de49d7958a/external