Parametric EQ (Roon) - Linn Selekt DSM Surround

Currently I am not using any Parametric EQ (Roon) with my Linn Selekt DSM Surround. Only using the Linn configuration:

But I would like to try Parametric EQ (Roon) :slight_smile:

But I can’t find any settings for it

Any suggestions?

Have a nice WE

Torben

Settings ae below the graph. Set the band then frequency to alter, Q and values to reduce or subtract. You also set the type of filter, lowpass, high pass etc. Repeat for the amount of bands you want to change. You can’t adjust individual channels with that filter it’s across them all.

@CrystalGipsy - I know :slight_smile: THX :slight_smile:

But I am looking for the “right” settings like I have for my IEM.

Just want to test and see what happens to the SQ

Have a nice WE

Torben

Not sure I follow. All the adjustments are there to apply what you need.

@CrystalGipsy - Sure - But the Q is what to apply.

If you go here:

You can find a lot of settings for IEM.

Torben

What is it you want to do as you’re not making musc sense. Do you want to use DSP on your main system for speakers or your iems?

You already have convolution for your iems already don’t you that you use on your DAP. You just apply the same DSP preset you made for those to the Linn.

If for speakers there is no presets to use you have to measure the room and speaker response with a calibrated mic and use an app like REW or you can use and app on iPhone called HouseCurve developer is on here. But you’re best using linns own system for speakers as it’s built in.

1 Like

It’s kind of straight forward to measure earphones with a dummy head and then generate corrections to linearize their response.

Loudspeakers, on the other hand, interact wildly, and mostly unpredictably so, with room acoustics, so you won’t find ready made filters in the public domain to apply and correct for your listening environment.

Some manufacturers may have their own proprietary methods to ameliorate room acoustics problems and/or specific speaker deficiencies, but they’ll always just be rather crude approximations in comparison to actually measuring and correcting the actual room acoustics.

So, as stated by @CrystalGipsy, if you want to take it to the next level, you’d have to at least start measuring your setup and learn to use relevant tools, or get professionals to take care of that step, or buy products incorporating said facilities, or…
It’s just not that simple…