Parametric EQ - Settings

The DSP Parametric EQ Settings have become an obsession, I cant stop making adjustments. Can anyone share their favorite filter settings to try? My setup includes a McIntosh 352 Hybrid receiver, B&W 804D3 Floor stand speakers, Moon DAC and the Roon Nucleus. Thanks for considering!

2 Likes

I have the same question. I have a very purist audio set up and I’m sure it’s accurate but sometimes I would like to add a euphoric boost when listening at lower levels. I have played around with the parametric EQ but since I really don’t know what I’m doing, I end up bypassing it. What frequencies should I boost and by how much if I want a little more top end and bass? Remember loudness controls?

2 Likes

Maybe a little to much. But you can download REW software (Room EQ Wizard). Together with a microphone you will be able to measure your room response to see which frequencies you need to enhance. Then you can enhance or reduce in Roon/DSP. Another way is to use the Fletcher Munson curve. I can give directions as to which frequencies you need to enhance when you listen at lower levels.

1 Like

I’ve often thought it would be a good idea for Roon to include some sample equalisations like bass boost, boost treble, classical, low volume etc.

Not purist stuff, but then we all aren’t purists.

.sjb

3 Likes

Try shelf filters at the low and high ends. Alter the slope to suit your tastes and drag the whole thing down to 0db to avoid clipping.

1 Like

My advice.

Grab a USB measurement microphone and take some measurements.
See what your rooms is doing to frequency response, phase etc.

Equalisation is room and system dependant.

minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-2

I’m convinced that Roon DSP Parametic EQ can help to enhance your listening experience in certain situations.
I haven’t play with it yet, but I’m going to do tommorow.

My open baffle loudspeaker have a little bit to less bass for my taste, so I’m going to enhance that a little bit.

What I would like to see is that Roon uses two kinds of Parametic EQ,
One general setting that applies for all
And one Album specific setting (like a album name.eq file inside a album music folder) that over rules the general setting.
This way certain albums that are recorded/mixed wrongly can be adjusted so that every album sounds optimal!

That’s what I would like to see, to make Roon even better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello… this is my first time posting in the community forums of Roon Labs. I just bought a Spirit Torino Radiante 1706. I have never used the Parametric EQ in Roon before, but I am getting really excited to get this headphone and play with EQ as I know it is going to need some massaging to get it where I like.

Can anyone help me with some advice on how to start? Also, does anyone on here own a Radiante and would be willing to share their EQ graph?

Thanks!