Partial Linn remote control integration with Roon volume control (ref#WUSY8X)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

Roon responds to a volume change from my Linn remote control. Handy! But why not ‘play’, ‘pause’, ‘next’ and ‘previous’ ?

Just looking at your problem description (I’m another user so I don’t see your full support form), but that was the state of affairs before (some) Linn DS(M)s became Roon Ready. If you go to Roon’s Settings>Audio, you can check whether Roon is talking to your DS(M) with the old Linn Streaming protocol, which would explain the limitation. Not all DS(M)s are Roon Ready, though, and the ones that are need to be updated to the latest Linn firmware.

Thanks!

It says ‘via Linn streaming’. Is that OK?

Serge

That was the only way until the recent Roon Ready update from Linn. In my experience of 4 1/2 years, volume was the only thing I could control with the Linn remote while using Roon via Linn streaming. Roon Ready supposedly makes the other buttons operational (I’m traveling so I can’t check), but it’s only available on a limited set of Linn systems.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.