Pause and interruptions in playback

Thanks for the explanation. The number of tracks is relevant? 110 tracks are also read by a mp3 portable player.

But if the number of tracks is not important then not even the CPU power.
I apologize but it seems that the software fit only processors i3, i5, i7. Or the software contains errors.

Then I’ll do another test with the core in my PC windows 10, which has a processor AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.21 Ghz, 4GB Ram, HDD Disk, 110 Songs, and see if there are still Drop Out.

There are many Roon users here with 25,000 Album [or more] and they don’t see the Dropouts you experience because they are using the appropriate hardware for their Roon Core / Server

If there were indeed "software contain errors’, do you not think that there would be MANY more problems being reported

If you have Dropouts, they are either being caused by

a) insufficient Processing Power and / or RAM at the Roon Core / Server machine

b) issues with your Network, where the Packets are not being delivered in a timely manner

Again, when you have Thousands of user operating without issue…and you have a problem…then surely one should look “inwards” before looking “outwards”…i.e. look at your own system first

No problem, I still do a test on Windows, then I think I look for a good NUC or something fanless and low prices, then try again Roon.

How do I install Roon in Windows for testing, since before I installed it on NAS?

Pardon, solved

I suspect that you’re still going to be disappointed because (a) this AMD CPU is still below the recommended Roon minimum performance for your test library size and (b) you’ll be using an HDD for the Roon database and not an SSD.

Yep, completely agree.

I played still several very accurate tests, roonserver (core) in NAS and in Windows running fine up to about 100K tracks, around 130k begin dropouts. Then definitely you need more powerful hardware for large collections. Strangely CPU consumption is always around 30%, also above the 100k and even when you experience dropouts.