PC stuffed, Music Folder gone

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Pro, 16Gb Ram , i7 Core . 2017 PC with Gigabyte Motherboard and 2 Hard Drives.
The 3 TB Drive D held my Roon Music FLAC files.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Any known instances of the following? My Core is generally off all week. Was playing fine last weekend, I don’t use this computer for much else, occasionally YouTube /movies because this PC is attached to my TV with the stereo speakers either side. I came home last Friday switched computer on, it booted into Windows I double clicked the Roon Icon, went to get a beer because generally it takes a minute or 2 to open and start.

Came back into the listening/TV room and the screen was black with a cannot boot from this drive warning message. Switched off … no joy. Would not restore from Backup or System Image. Ah well time for a new PC :slight_smile:

My PC store build me a new machine, I take my old PC down to the shop to get D Drive folders transferred to the new machine. No Files, No folders can be found … No music.

I have a backup of my music folder in Google Drive and on an External HD … but what a hassle … why would [ for example ] a Virus or a Programme wipe my files?

This is not normal, and an indication that something was wrong with your system.

Since Roon doesn’t touch your media files, unless you explicitly delete a track or release using the Edit menu, I have moved this thread to Off Topic.

This is such a bummer. Sorry to hear about this.

However the moral of this story is you have a On-Site and also a Off-Site backup.

Glad to hear this part. Hopefully you will be back up and running quickly.

–MD

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.