Pending Approval of Roon Ready Certification for FiiO R9 Desktop Streamer/Player (ref#E4HYIX)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

When will the Roon Ready Certification for the FiiO R9 desktop streamer/player be approved? FiiO has told the R9 owners that the Roon Ready certification has been submitted to Roon and FiiO is waiting for Roon to approve the certification. Thank you

It is not Roon policy to comment on any forthcoming and/or upcoming certification.
Unfortunately just because it has been submitted might not even mean it’s close to approval yet.

Thanks for the clarification. Please understand my frustration with respect to this issue. As I stated above FiiO is telling its customers that the delay in Roon Ready Certification for the R9 desktop streamer/player is being held up by Roon and now you tell me that Roon will not comment on this delay. Sounds like a run around to me. :unamused:

Look through the forum and you will see this repeated ad nauseam.
Manufacturer codes, Roon tests (when they get round to it - it has been understaffed though they have recruited) and go back to manufacturer with any faults - Repeat until it passes tests.
If the tests actually involve shipping kit backwards and forward rather than code updates then this can take ages.
They’ve been burned in the past by saying 2 weeks etc only for it to be much longer.

3 Likes

In the case of FiiO products, there are several FiiO units which already have Roon Ready certification so one would think that the certification process would be somewhat faster than usual. But then one would probably be wrong. :rofl:

You would think so but as you say. :slightly_smiling_face:
I do think there is a backlog at Roon, certainly there was a desert of releases around the year end. Hopefully it will pick up soon.

1 Like

Looking at the Roon Labs Blog, there were 8 Roon Ready devices announced in February, 9 in March, and 5 so far this month, so I think the stream has begun…

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. I have my fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.