Persist view order when re-opening roon

I would like to see an option to persist the order of the view when re-opening Roon. For example, I exit roon with view “Tracks” in “Date Added” descending order and when I re-open Roon it resets to “Album-Artist” ascending order. Persisting the same state as you left it would seem to be the more intuitive default at least to me! Thanks.

1 Like

You could bookmark the view.

Hmm, @support - maybe you could check this: to me, it looks like there’s something wrong with the Track Browser. I was playing around with it and noticed:

• bookmarks for the track listing will not remember the sort field and sort order (odd: for compositions, it works) … @James_I - it should work, but it doesn’t, not for me.
  • trying to hide the Album Artist column (worked as long as sort is on another field), I’ve noticed that after a restart, Tracks default to Album Artist sort - and the column reappears. As soon as I choose another sort column, the Album Artist column will then get hidden again automatically.

Tried on macOS 10.15.5 running Roon 1.7 build 571.

Yes there are workarounds but that misses the point.

To use Roon is to use workarounds. It’s not a defense, it’s just how it is. Roon is not an all around, balanced music solution. It’s a collection of amazing features waiting to have a full solution built around them.

EDIT: it’s a bit harsh. There are significant gaps; but plenty of Roon works well enough, along with the amazing stuff.

1 Like