Personal TIDAL playlists in Roon

When I create a personal playlist in TIDAL it syncs perfectly with Roon.
But when my family members create them I cannot get them to show in Roon.
Is there a way around this, so the playlists from my wife and daughters are also available in Roon?
Thanks.

Are you using a Tidal Family account?

Roon can only have one Tidal account associated with it like all 3rd party access. This will be the account you connected Roon to. So unless they use your exact account they won’t sync. Roon cannot use family accounts as it’s not part of the available Tidal API, it’s restricted to their own app. Only Sonos have a workaround to get them to work.

As per @Suedkiez and @CrystalGipsy Tidal family doesn’t work.

A way around this could be to install Roon Arc/Roon Remote on to their phones/tablets and assign them their own profiles in Roon.

Roon Arc can be used when away from home (and at home if you don’t wish the family full access to Roon).

Hello , If family account or different Tidal account You can get the playlists of the other family members available in Roon by adding the actual playlists of Your wife/daughter as favorites in Your Tidal account.

1. Copy the URL/Link of the actual playlist in your wife/daugters Tidal account
  2. Open Your Tidal account and paste the URL/link
  3. Mark the Playlist as a favourite in Your account
  4. Playlist of Your wife/daugher will now be available and update as You go in Roon .

Note: a downside of this solution is that when Your family members is playing their playlists in Roon through Your Tidal accoount Tidal recognizes this as You playint these songs and it will effect Tidal’s proposals for music You may like as personal/daily mixes.

1 Like