Peter Gabriel MQA

They finally showed up when I searched TIDAL in Roon this morning. Had to re-add everything to my library.

Dan in Toronto, it took about 60 hours but all the Gabriel MQA’s have finally transferred over from Tidal to roon. Maybe I’ll just have to be a little more patient the next time this situation arises.

A bit irritating, because for me “new music friday” is the big thing of the week – getting in the deep chair with my headphones. Reading about new releases on the net, newsletters, reviews and so on - and then I have to use Tidal/Spotify/etc direct instead of doing my research inside Roon.

1 Like

FYI, the new Peter Gabriel MQA albums were available in Roon – in the UK at least – first thing on Monday morning. I’m not sure if the streaming rights for other countries arrived later – we update these daily from metadata received from TIDAL.

One other thing: we don’t mark MQA albums with the MQA logo unless we’ve verified that they are actually MQA, typically within 24 hours of release. So unless you favourite an “M” album in one of TIDAL’s apps (and it appears with an automatic or manual re-sync of your TIDAL library), you will need to play a track or two and verify what it is in the Signal Path pop-up.

Cc: @mike @dylan

1 Like

Now able to save to my favourites through Roon in Canada now.

Yes, they’re now available here on the west coast of Canada

The more bits , the greater dynamic range of soft to loud sounds that your audio file can have. There are basically two audio depth measures in use today: 16 and 24 bit . CDs are traditionally produced as 16 bit , while 24 bit sound files are typically used by audio engineers during recording and production

Please don’t start this old cherry again , there has been enough slanging matches on the subject

Each to his own …

Fairly true, however if You stuff the 24 bit file with 0’s it doesn’t do the file any good. It just makes the file bigger.
If You then replace bits to make lights go on You raise the noise floor.
When ou on top of that use a lossy algorithm, one ends up with a lesser quality.

All is good here in USA for me.