Phantom Speakers waiting RAAT certification! [done]

Interesting reading this …

I have 2 Phantom Golds and a Dialog as my primary system and a Sonos setup for TV and outdoors, etc.

Though it lacked sophistication I was playing Tidal via the Devialet app - they fixed that (read “removed support”) in a recent update I applied and that has taken me on this recent path to discover Roon.

Something I was going to look into was dedicating a server to Roon and looking at whether I could get an optical interface output from the dedicated PC to the Dialog. Maybe I’ll start a thread to discuss.

Kev.

I put this together to interface my single Phantom to Roon. It was by far the most stable way I’ve had the Phantom hooked up. The Dialog was a disaster for me and led me to the RPi fix. Totally took the Dialog out of the system.
I took out the RPi once I heard the Phantoms were ‘RAAT compatible’. I now get my Phantom disconnecting from the system and needing a reboot several times a day. So the RPi will probably need to go back into service until Devialet works out this stability bug.

I feel really sorry for all that again have to suffer from a Devialet update. Having Phantoms since March 2015 I went through many let’s say beta periods. However, then I knew or believed that the Devialet team were still a startup with high ambitions. This made me forgiving reliability problems in return to best what the audio world gave at affordable price and on top of that real innovation. Now, after the core team had been replaced with managers it is quite amazing with how much non tested and risky shipments of new updates (DOS 2.12.3) or the premature release of the certainly innovative Gemini earbuds are made. Loyal customers really suffer. When their devices work stable they are beautiful, when not its embarrassing even for owners.

4 Likes

It’s oddly reminiscent of Microsoft in the 90’s when the conventional wisdom was to wait for 3.0 of any Microsoft product if you wanted it to work. :slight_smile:

The last DOS version made me dream, finally being able to listen to something else than 44khz 16bit via Airplay it’s awesome

So is it my imagination and wishful thinking or do my Phantom Golds suddenly sound like they’re worth the money we paid for them? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have notice a clear improvement in sound quality my side both on my Golds and Reactor 900.

2 Likes

I’m back to the Ropieee. It is just so darned reliable. I couldn’t take all the troubles the new DOS/Raat implementation were causing.

this is done… closing out the ‘waiting…’ topic.