Pi 4 Not Showing up on Network...Was Working in the Past

I have a RPi 4 + HIFIBERRY DAC Pro XLR HAT that last time I had it hooked up worked flawlessly. Over the weekend I brought it off the shelf and tried to put it back in service.

Initially, just the red lite on the Pi would be list constantly. I figured the Ropiee version was quite old and needed an update. I flashed the SD card with Etcher and a version I had downloaded back in January for another device (ropieeexl_ose_pi4-2024.1.1-stable.20240110.1292.bin.xz). With this version my Eero network notified me a new device was on the network. With the IP address I could never connect to the device via web interface and for 15+ hours overnight the green light blinked in no discernable order like it was reading/writing to the SD card.

So this morning I downloaded the latest version (ropieeexl_ose_pi4-2024.2.1-stable.20240229.1396.bin.xz) and re-Etched it. It’s been a couple of hours now and my Eero network shows it has not reconnected. The green light is still flashing on and off in no particular order. Again, like it is reading/writing.

Any advice. I can’t seem to find another Micro SD card to try. But seems like the one it flashed fine with both January and most recent versions.

Any suggestions? Should I take the SD card out of my other working RPi 4 and try it in the non-working one? Would that help troubleshoot?

Thanks for any and all help!

Below is what my working one shows. If I want to swap the working one, into the non-working one should I do the update first?

What size is your SD card? New version of Ropieee requires 8GB (I think).

1 Like

16GB…(10 char)

When RoPieee is running the green LED is blinking. So not entirely sure if that’s not the case here (a typical 0.5 Hz ‘blink’).

There’s nothing wrong with the image itself as it is actively being used by large group of people, so I think this is probably network related.

One question: are you connected wired or wireless?

Wired.

The green blinking light is varied, quick and long, short/fast. Much like a HDD reading writing.

Can you try flashing the uncompressed variant?

Will do as soon as I wrap up some things for work.

What are your thoughts on swapping out my working SD card from the one that goes to my DAC in my main system just to eliminate the RPi as a whole? Any small chance if something is wrong with the “bad” Rpi, it could make the good SD card bad?

I’ve ordered two more Micro SD cards, 32 was the smallest I could get delivered tomorrow.

Looks like it must have been the SC card. I got a new one today, flashed it with Etcher and a cup of coffee later I was up and running.

And the green light is blinking at a more steady rate…not exactly sure how fast/slow a “typical 0.5 Hz ‘blink’” is but it is now has a more constant blink.

Thanks all!

1 Like

@RPlace 0,5Hz is a blink each 2 seconds.
Regards, Frank.

1 Like