Pictures of composers

Something I don’t understand about (classical) composers.

Why composers like Cesar Franck, Igor Stravinsky … have not their picture in Roon in Composers page ?

Mine does

Strange, see picture for Cesar franck !!

Hi @Stephane_Cherie,

If you click on Edit, can you share a screenshot of what you see on the Artist Editor screen?

See picture

Thanks, @Stephane_Cherie.

Can you also share screenshots of the full Composer and Performer page for this artist?

Tell me if it is that you need !

Any idea ?

Chances are Cesar is listed as an Artist, not a Composer.

Maybe?

Or perhaps there are two Francks in your DB. One without the accented e.

It looks like many of your composers are just just “strings” and not “objects” so they have no meaning to roon that it can connect to its database of composer objects where it can find pictures and text. For example, I have both text and pictures for César Franck.

Do the composers you are having problems with come from “identified” albums with “identified” compositions? With other composers I have also on occasion got this problem. To fix it I add an album which roon can identify that has compositions that it can also identify. Often I will the have to “merge” the duplicate composers that arise.

Hi @Stephane_Cherie,

Would you be willing to share the album that this composer appears on with us so we can take a closer look?

Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me a private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

Hi,

I have sent you a zip file some days ago. File name was stephane_cherie.zip or cherie_stephane.zip

Have you any update about that ?

Thanks

Hi @Stephane_Cherie,

Thanks for letting us know you’ve uploaded the file! I’ve passed it along to the team and they’re looking into this — I’ll be sure to update you once I’ve received their feedback.