Play count not updating as expected

Hi Connor,

Looks like I prematurely reported this being resolved in my other thread on this issue here. The good news is, I think I’ve been able to narrow down a specific sequence of event that causes it reliably.

In this screenshot, you’ll notice two tracks that have a play count of 2. I didn’t listen to these tracks twice. However, I did pause them at somewhere around 50% to 70% progress for an extended period of time. In the case of “Nothing at All”, I paused playback for roughly 2-3 hours. When I resumed listening after that 2-3 hour period I noticed two things. First, the playback progress was right where I left it. Also, the play counter had incremented to 1 even though it was at 0 when I paused playback. After resuming playback and completing the track, the play count incremented to 2. Again, despite the pause I only played the track from start to finish one time.

I found something else very interesting when I went to check my play history. I wanted to check if there were duplicate plays listed there per your request, @connor. What I found is that the two tracks with duplicate play counts were only listed once BUT they were showing completion percentages equal only to the track duration after the pause. Despite the pause, these tracks were played through to 100%. See screenshot below.

One other thing that I’ll note, although I’m not sure if it is relevant, is that my Mac (where I did this testing) went to sleep during the extended playback pauses. My Roon core is on an Ubuntu Server elsewhere on the network. Again, I don’t know if this is an important detail but there would have been an interruption between the Roon app on my Mac and the Roon core during this time. Anyway, hope this helps the team make some progress! Please keep us posted.

Rob

1 Like