Playback instability when changing sample rates [dCS Network Bridge]

Another Core crash and restart today at approx. 2:50 PM PDST. About 2 minutes before the OS restarted Roon. It froze during a song (“Just One Smile” of Blood, Sweat and Tears album “Child Is Father to the Man”), and put the system precisely back to where it had stopped. I was able to hit “play” and it continued on.

As always, let me know if you need any additional information, or wish logs sent.

At about 11:10 AM PDST today had a Transport Failed … message. This happened switching playback from a recording of 24/96 to one at 24/196 “Martha Argerich Live at the Concertgebouw”. This is the first time that I can recall an instance where this occurred when moving from a lower to higher bit rate. In the past it would typically happen from say 192 to 44k. As in the past had to power off the dCS Network Bridge and power up again.

Hope someone is working on a fix.

Our investigation is proceeding here, Steve, and we are making progress. We had some staff out over the last 2 weeks, but with everyone back to work this week, we’re hoping to nail this soon.

When we do you’ll be the first to know, but rest assured this isn’t being ignored.

We’ll be in touch soon. Thank you!

I wasn’t sure whether this problem with the dCS Network Bridge was directly or even indirectly tied to the problems I’ve had with Roon crashing. They would appear to be quite different. But I suppose if Roon is affecting the behavior of the dCS, in addition to the crashing problems, that would explain why few others are reporting the same symptoms I’ve been experiencing. Maybe I’ve got a situation in which Roon is tripping up the dCS, requiring a reboot of the Network Bridge. Might be my Nucleus is different enough (edge case) to cause this to happen, even though I have a resync delay of 1000ms for the dCS zone.

Too bad I don’t have another Nucleus or NUC available to run Roon Core to see if that one also exhibits the problem. But it sounds like hardware has been discounted as the source of these issues.