Playback issues on Sonos devices after recent update to S2 version 16 and Roon server version 1359 [Roon Investigating]

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

I'm hearing dropouts

When playing live radio to my SONOS speakers I first hear dropouts, and then after 30 seconds a message comes "Roon lost control of Sonos Device" and playbak then stops.

I am currently running Roon directly on my Mac. Previously I ran it on a Linux system, where I had similar problems.

My SONOS speakers are directly on my wifi. I did at one time test with going back to sonosnet, and even wired them all temporary, and had the same issue there as well. My SONOS speakers all have the latest firmware.

I have a thread open from last month and someone else has linked to their thread within as well. It is currently being looked at from the last update we got.

Following up on this to see if there is any update.

Hi @Stephen_Cosgrove,

Thanks for checking in! Our development team has an investigation ticket in their queue to take a closer look - I don’t have any additional information to share at this time.

Thanks for the update, Roon has been unusable for me for many months now because of this issue so hopefully we see a fix soon :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Hi @benjamin, Is there any update on this issue? Im still experiencing the same problem on latest roon and sonos versions.

Shaun

I performed the Sonos update that was available this morning and my play 3 seems to be working as it used to. I will still be testing the others, but with the latest Roon update and Sonos firmware from this morning I have one speaker that has played through 5 songs so far, 24/44.1 flac.

Hi @Stephen_Cosgrove do you mind sharing the version numbers for Sonos and Roon, I “think” im on latest but still experiencing the issue.

Thanks