Playback issues with dsf files and slow searches on Nucleus (ref#OKK07C)

Is there a particular partition type I need with EXFAT? I am on Macs using Disk Utility, so those are the only options available. I’ve tried GUID and Master Boot Record, and both have failed. To reiterate: tried on different USB sticks, too. It seems the problem is reading the boot drive, as I keep getting prompted to insert the “proper” boot drive.

I even tried downloading the img file again!

3/26 update. I tried re-formatting my USB drive with the highest security erase function in Disk Utility and then using Etcher. Again, the flash was verified by Etcher. The USB stick lights in either USB port on Nucleus, and on boot I see a list that contains the (new) m.2 drive, the USB drive, and (only sometimes, oddly), the internal SATA drive that holds my library. I choose the USB drive.

Then I hit Enter:

So Nucleus ‘sees’ the USB stick, recognizes it at first as a boot drive; but then it seems it cannot execute the file on it, or sees it as an ‘improper’ drive.

I’m stuck. Open to suggestions!

Further experiments. Used a smaller USB drive (2 GB), re-formatted to EXFAT. Etcher worked and validated. Same result: installer would not work. Tried yet another download of the installer. No go. Removed my SSD with the library on it. No go. Tried simply copying the image file to a newly-erased USB stick. Nope.

Either the installer software is somehow corrupted (that would include multiple downloads, though all from the same source) to account for it not running; or there is something in a Mac keyboard that is sending the wrong “enter” message to Nucleus; or the Nucleus motherboard, although recognizing the USB drive as a boot drive, is failing to run the software. Or perhaps something else I haven’t considered.

Hi @Robert_Gross,

Thanks so much for your thoroughness in attempting to manually fix the Nuclues. At this point, we’ll likely need to send it in for diagnosis and repair. I will follow up via PM with next steps towards this. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.