Playlist Cover Art

(Neil Bloomer) #1

Has this issue been progressed from the last query in 2015? I love everything about Roon but I would welcome the opportunity to change artwork for playlists I have created from Tidal tracks. Specifically I am currently recreating several iconic 60s and 70s label rock samplers which are not available as complete albums on Tidal. It would “put icing on the cake” if I could use the original cover art rather than the composite generated.
Thank you
Neil

(Neil Bloomer) #2

I have got my own question back with no response from Roon after 16 days. Is there a problem?

(alexander brabant) #3

Hello,

This is not a response to the previous post but my question does relate to cover art.

Which is the view/cover art mode that can be used when playing a playlist so that the album cover art changes when a song from another album/artist is played?
Also, is there any hope that Roon might create a “cover flow” mode analogous to what iTunes proposed (a century ago it seems!)? It had an extremely aesthetic look and, when browsing, felt like going through vinyl albums in a box at a music store.
In the mean time I am enjoying being able to magnify album art to full screen size on my iMac (which is so much better than the thumb nail size most players -including iTunes- seem to offer today).
Thanks to all.

Alexander

(Music and Shawarma Lover) #4

I suggest that both Playlists and Tags (and Bookmarks) should be capable of custom artwork rather than the composite. Probably Genres as well. The composite is way better than some sort of symbol, but user chosen graphics would be wonderful.