Playlist export needed [Already implemented for desktop devices but not tablets or phones]

Hi there,
In my case there is a strong demand for an

• export function for playlists!
    My Nucleus wasn‘t able to restart the Roon Server again. The reason for that were corrupt data in my profile. So I hab to do a complete new setup - by remaining the Server folder.
    After that I tried to backup my data, but that led to the problem again: Roon Server can’t be started anymore. So I had to use Roon without access my data and start at zero again …
    So in my case: complete loss of all data - including playlists!
    In my ice the worst case cenario!
    Regards
    Arnd

@Arnd_Stuckmann

Sorry to hear your trouble :frowning:

I use this to back-up my playlist:

Torben

As far as I know the export just exists in older versions.
Roon 2.0 does nor offen an export functionality!?

The same options that @Torben_Rick showed in his screenshot exist in Roon 2.0

Could you give me a hand and guide me - on base of screenshots?
I tried to find but without success.
Thanks Arnd

In “my Playlist” click the three dots to the right of the playlist and then “export” (my screenshot is on PC):

And the screen @Torben_Rick shows comes up.

Here are some KB articles to look at:

Thanks for your immediate reply!
Quite strange: no export on my side

I will try it on my PC
Maybe it‘s not working on the iPad …

It‘s really Resulting out of the iPad App.
The PC version show the export!

Thanks Arnd

Yes, there are some functions that are not available on the android/iphone/ipad apps.

Do you know wether there is a list available with this differences?

Not that I know of, there are a few threads discussing it but none that I know of that tried to list all the differences. I do know that there has been mention that Roon are working on making the UI the same, where they can, but that has been going on for a few years. Some of the bigger ones are (historically, not sure if they addressed them or not in some cases): EQ settings not available on Ipad (I don’t have an Ipad to check), software update settings for zones, Column display, and as you found out, the export feature. Some are related to screen size and some are functional limitations.

Thanks for answering immediately :+1:

@Torben_Rick,

As an experiment, I did an export to a Soundiiz CVS file to my desktop. Assuming the scenario of the OP (corrupted db and needing to rebuild library from scratch, how do you use this CSV file to automatically rebuild the playlist?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

You’ll need to have either Tidal/Qobuz connected to your Roon account and your success will depend on whether the tracks in your playlist can be found on Tidal/Qobuz.

Import the .csv into Soundiz (see instructions) and then within Soundiz sync the new playlist across to your Tidal/Qobuz account. You might want to note down any tracks it can’t find.

Then go to Preferences → Services → click ‘Edit’ next to Tidal/Qobuz → click ‘Sync Library now’ to sync Tidal/Qobuz with Roon. Alternatively you can just wait for Roon to do this automatically.

You should now see your playlist on Roon. But you can’t edit it within Roon. If you want to do that you’ll need to click the three dots (…) next to the playlist and select ‘Save a local copy’.

If you’re happy with your playlist being made up of tracks from Tidal/Qobuz you’re done, if you want to replace the Tidal/Qobuz versions with local FLAC files you’ll need to do that manually, one track at a time.

Thanks very much for the detailed response.