Playlist, play all entries for a selected artist (or any other sorted subset)

I have several playlists, the smallest is called “special” and is the most outstanding tracks (to me) from my library. I have a larger list named favorites which is broader. I want to play a subset of this "special: playlist (subset is search specified and sort by Joni Mitchell as the criteria) but I cannot see any way to play this selected subset other than the unbelievable crude way of picking the tracks one by one and putting them in the queue. If you click on the first selection, then it starts playing it and then goes to the next numbered entry in the playlist, not the next entry in the specified subset. I have to believe I am missing something here - please help. Running the just released version of the Roon Core and Roon Remote.

Hi Alfred,

If I read properly, you figured out you can sort the playlist via Artist and see Joni Mitchell clumped together. Is that the case?

If so, right click (or long press) the first track. Then right click (or press) the next track. Keep doing that until you select all the tracks. Then press Play at the top of the screen.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

If you have a PC with a mouse, right-click on the first track, then hold shift key and click on the last, and you have selected the range. Play, or copy to another playlist.

You can do that in History as well.

Don’t know of a way to do that on an iPad.

1 Like

Good tip regarding shift-click.

At least with the iPad, you long tap the first item and then you can just quickly tap the other tracks. So, it’s pretty quick.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestion - specially how to mark a range on the Ipad (which what I use as my remote. I run Roon Core on my main PC, so I can do the standard section there like everthing else in windows. Much thanks to all the replys. I’ll have to check out history - I’ve never even noticed this feature.

1 Like

To clarify when I tried this, when you click on the next track you have to click on the selection number, clicking on anything else links you to another page.