Playlists by Roon - Favorite and/or sort function

Where there is a will there is normally a way. Can I suggest you do some experimentation with the playlists, and you may get an idea of what can and can’t be done and how often you want to check on the playlists to see what has been added. You can then check the songs out, keep ‘‘em in the playlist if you like them, or delete them if you don’t.

For example: I saved Sarah’s Picks on 1Apr22 with 49 songs as a Playlist. Today her Roon Sarah’s Picks is 101 Songs. So I clicked the save to playlist button and added it to my existing Sarah’s Picks 1Apr22. As you can see it then gave me 158 Tracks in Total so there have been other tracks added and removed since 1 April 22. I then clicked on the settings wheel to the very right of the playlist header and selected the Show Duplicates only option at the bottom of the list. It then tells me there are 48 duplicates between the 2 merged Roon Playlists from April and from Today.

I can then select one copy of each duplicate by pressing on iPad or right mouse click on iMac, hit the red remove button up the top right and have left the playlist with no duplicates. You could try this weekly, monthly or yearly depending on how often you want to check the playlist.

Hope that helps in some way.

2 Likes