Please add somafm grooves salad flac stream

Would it be possible to add the following live stream to the live radio? This is a flac version of somafm groove salad (my personal favorite station, 5h/d)

https://hls.somafm.com/hls/groovesalad/FLAC/program.m3u8

I have tried adding it myself, but I get an error.

Many thanks

3 Likes

Roons known to have issue with streams that are m3u8, maybe related to that as it depends on the content of the url. Some have mixed content for advertising which can cause issues. @BrianW will be able to confirm though.

@CrystalGipsy is correct. Some HLS streams are ok, but this one has .m4s with the StreamS encoder as the underlying format and Roon can’t cope. Sorry.

I’ll let the Devs know (again).

Great station!!

Try this:
https://somafm.com/groovesalad.pls
Plays for me.

That’s already in as one of the streams.
However, the OP wants a flac stream, and that’s what we can’t provide.

I tested the FLAC stream in Lumin before, but it wasn’t stable enough for me.

1 Like

Hi all thanks for the quick responses.

@Pete: playing in daily, just want to Flac version for better sound quality

@brian: are you expecting a solution in the pipeline or is this undoable?

Who knows? I don’t. Sorry.

@brian: got it. Thanks

@CrystalGipsy : may be a leap. See you also rooming around in Naim-topics: any experience with adding Hls-streams to Naim gear? Have a ndx

They have had the same issues with these type of streams I believe. You can try and add it to vtuner and see what happens. If your on legacy streamer then no chance.

Thanks!
Added via Naïm.vtuner.
As you predicted, does not work. Annoying.

Any other guidance on playing a hsl stream on a streamer? Surely/hopefully it must be possible.

Note: Hls.somafm dot com is where to find the streams ( tried to follow the guidance). Adding to Apple Music app was not successful on my part.
Note2: playable on edge etc, not safari.

Thats funny given HLS was an Apple invention.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.