Please bring back track tags being visible

I’ll +1 this.

I believe this and the Playlist indicator change are the two real valid concerns in 1.8 v 1.7.

I don’t actually use tags in my Roon use, but it’s very obvious there are many who are heavy taggers. I feel for those people as a core part of their usability appears to have just disappeared.

Just a shame that a small group set the flamethrower to number 11 on launch date.

1 Like

I like 1.8 but I agree that a clean interface shouldn’t be a priority over relied-upon functions and access points – at least not to the point of eliminating them, however I would think good software design does both. I’m sure the Roon team can figure this out.

There was similar blow-back when Roon decided to take away any decently sized now-playing album view. They put out a fix when the pitchforks and torches came out!

1 Like

Yes, please!

1 Like

As Brian mentioned, the tag and playlist links will be back on the album screen soon.

Appreciate all the feedback on this everyone – we’re listening and you can expect to see this functionality restored in a release very soon.

Thanks all!

5 Likes

That is great news! Thanks so much for listening and letting everyone know. I am hopefully speaking for everyone when I say it is much appreciated!

3 Likes

Yes - thank you for taking the time to go through everyone’s response, and for adding these features back in. It’s nice to know you’re listening - it goes a long way. Not something you see often these days :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

whilst at it… please also fix the inconsistency about where “Length|Rating|Format|Released|Added|etc” line is on the page depending on whether there’s editorial content or not
(personally I prefer it to always be a dedicated line, as in first screenshot here below)

thanks

1 Like

Thanks for considering this change. I really used the reference to playlist under individual cuts. Hope this can be sooner than later?

It’s only fair, after complaining above, to compliment the Roon team on how quickly they’ve addressed the most pressing 1.8 issues with tags & playlists in the new 764 build. Well done, folks. Many thanks for listening and responding so positively.

1 Like

Yes…please restore the tag and playlist functionality

I am new to Roon, started with v1.8, so no idea what v1.7 looked like for tagging and playlists, however this post sounds like it addresses some shortcomings I see.

I tag albums with moods, activities, and also with an indicator of what physical medium I own of an item. Unfortunately when looking at my playlists, it doesn’t display what tags I have attached. They still work for cataloging and browsing, but not seeing that info on the screen of the tagged item, makes it cumbersome and less useful.

We’re already on version 2.0… And no meaningful way to see which tags/playlists a track belongs to!

Would be really helpful if someone from dev/product management would comment on this…